Using PPP is a viable option in Uganda because of the following reasons:
- Private Public Partnership reduces project costs and time while enhancing its overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- PPP enables access to and learning from private sector resources, technology, and managerial skills.
- PPP help in credit enhancement and consequently, access to long-term financing.
- Private Public Partnership is preferred because it shifts risk to the private sector.
- Private Public Partnership pursues an integrated approach to project completion.
- Involves participation from various partners and may legitimize the project in the eyes of the citizenry and other stakeholders.
- PPP may provide greater economic benefits than other forms of cooperation, such as public sector procurement. These extra benefits are usually referred to as value for money (VfM).