Videoconferencing is a set of communication technologies which allow two or more locations to communicate by simultaneous two-way video and audio transmissions. Telepresence is the latest generation of video conference technology which is a form of video conferencing which uses large screen, high definition technology to simulate being in the same room. Currently some telepresence systems are using proprietary technology and are not able to link with other video conference systems.
With most video conferencing systems one can display papers using the electronic document camera, show information direct from a personal computer, play a pre-recorded video or DVD, or even record one’s own presentation.
Video conferencing is now already well established within a growing number of major organizations for its high end facilities.
Why Use Video Conferencing/ Telepresence
- Save time and money on business travel costs: flights, hotels, taxis, plus time spent travelling when you are not available to work.
- Develop global opportunities, your customer or supplier market can be anywhere in the world
- Improve client services, video conferencing allows you to have more ‘face to face’ meetings at a fraction of the cost.
Video conferencing can be used for:
- Recruitment interviews
- Giving evidence to Magistrates or Crown Court
- In house business presentations
- Product training for employees and clients
- Sales representations and product launches
- Design and creative assessment, project liaison
- Business to business consultancy services
- Casting for television production
In Kampala video conferencing services are offered by
- Why Go
- Eye Network
- Uganda Management Institute