Uganda Manufacturers Association (UMA) is located at Lugogo Show Ground in Kampala
The Association was established in the 1960s at a time when Uganda was having a young but robust industrial sector. However the political social and economic turmoil of the 1970s interrupted the smooth growth of the Association. UMA which was dormant throughout this period was revived in April 1988.
Currently the Association is one of the largest organizations representing the broad industrial and commercial sectors of Uganda’s economy and an important forum for the private sector in the country. UMA has a membership comprising of close to 750 small, medium and large enterprises drawn from both the private and public sector.
To be among the most valued and respected business associations worldwide serving the interest of its members, shaping national and regional policies and leading the industrial sector towards sustainable global competitiveness.
To promote and protect the interests of industrialists and manufacturers in Uganda
Core Values of UMA
UMA incorporates the following six brand values in its services to members and the general public:-
- Responsiveness to members’ needs
- Proactiveness to servicing members
- Accountability and transparency in the conduct of membership affairs
- Effectiveness and efficiency anchored in professionalism, team work, time management innovation and practicing the concept of learning organization.
- Empathy and Assurance of membership benefits.
Objectives of UMA
- To promote, protect and coordinate the interests of industrialists in Uganda.
- To act as a watchdog and an effective mouth piece for its members.
- To initiate discussions and exchange of information amongst members on industrial issues.
- To advise Government on key policies affecting industry.
The following are Membership Categories
These are members in direct manufacturing and processing of products.
These are service providers who come in to associate with UMA
These are smaller associations who come in to associate with Uganda Manufacturers Association
Recognition of a particular member to the association by the Executive Committee
A member can belong to any of the categories above but we continue to subdivide into;
How to become a member
To become a Member of Uganda Manufacturers Association, you need to follow the steps below:
- Download Membership form
- Fill the Form with all the information required.
- Submit the form and all the required documents (Certificate of incorporation, Recommendation letter) to UMA Membership Department.
- After submitting your application will be assessed by UMA to determine appropriate membership category based on information provided.
- Your factory premises will be visited by UMA Membership officers for verification.
- You will be informed of your membership subscription fee to be paid.
- After making payments of your subscription fees your UMA membership certificate for the year will be given after 8 days.
- After assessment an invoice in given for a particular category and a membership certificate is awarded on payment.