Rubaga Hospital was started in 1899 by the White Fathers. It is the oldest Catholic Hospital in Kampala. It is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kampala. The hospital is administered by the Little Sisters of St. Francis. The bed capacity has grown to over 500. It is also a teaching hospital for the Rubaga School of Nursing and Midwifery.