The Ministry of Defense is responsible for preserving and defending the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda.
Functions of the Ministry
- To build adequate and credible defense capacity to address both internal and external threats.
- To ensure adherence to and furtherance of our African and International obligations.
- To create military alliances that enhances regional security and stability.
- To support regional and continental integration through the East African Community (EAC)
Institutions/agencies under the ministry
- Uganda People’s Defence Force