In Uganda there are various challenges on land which include the following;
- Lack of clear of effective land policy has prevented the development of much of the land.
- Political and ethnic tensions also create a challenge on land
- Large tracks of land owned by individuals or organisations are idle or unutilized yet there are people who want land for development.
- There a number of people who are landless.
- Much of the land in northern Uganda is held under customary law with no registration of land boundaries and this has contributed to the disputes on Land
- Most of land mass is inaccessible because it is gazetted as Government protected land.
- There are nomadic herdsmen who do not have land for grazing.
- Land in some parts of Uganda is fragmented in a way which make it uneconomic to develop