Kibuli mosque is located on Kibuli Hill which is about 1km from the city centre. It is the oldest mosque in Kampala and surrounded by the serenity of the palm trees.
Building of the Kibuli Mosque
In 1930s the late Prince Badru Kakungulu offered land of Kibuli Hill to develop infrastructure and institutions to enhance the status of Muslim community in Uganda. Kibuli Mosque was one of the outcomes of the offer of land .The foundation stone for the mosque was laid in 1936 and the mosque was opened in 1951.