Kampala International University (KIU) is a private university founded in 2011. The university has two campuses in Uganda; the main campus along Kansanga, Ggaba road and the School of Health Sciences (KIU Western Campus) in Bushenyi along Kasese road. Since inception, KIU has grown in student numbers and currently has an enrolment of 13,948 students offering various courses. The university has six colleges offering several courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The colleges/schools include the following;
- College of Education, Open and Distance Learning
- College of Applied Sciences and Technology
- College of Economics and Management
- College of Higher Degrees
- School of Law
- School of Professional Studies