The following are the challenges in the Uganda Wildlife subsector:
- Lack of competent and experienced human resources to manage the sector.
- Lack of adeqaute funds to put in place the necessary infrastructure
- Human wildlife conflicts arising from crop raiding, livestock predation and encroachment continue to undermine conservation effort.
- Human and physical factors continue to impose significant pressure on Uganda’s wildlife protected areas.
- Inadequate data on wildlife conservation that is crucial in informing development of policies on the management of wildlife species, habitats and ecosystem remains a challenge.
- Inadequate capacity of the Ministry and its agencies to effectively monitor impacts of oil and gas exploration and production in conservation areas remains a critical challenge for the subsector