- Inadequate resources in terms of funding, there is limited government funding to water sector
- The provision of safe water and sanitation in Uganda is also vulnerable to climate change and variability.
- Inadequate capacity to plan and implement water sector activities especially at district level.
- Limited private sector capacity to cope with demand for water
- Inadequate involvement of local communities
- Alleged corruption in the sector
- Almost all of Uganda’s water resources are trans-boundary in nature and shared with her neighbors.
- Aging and malfunctioning infrastructure, some water systems are very old and require rehabilitation
- Uganda suffers from uneven distribution of water resources resulting from severe drought and floods
- Increased pollution of raw water sources especially lakes and rivers.
- Rural water service has insufficient capacities to adequately manage rural water and water supply infrastructures
- High water prices especially in urban centre
Investment opportunities in Water Sector
- Provision of clean bottled water
- Capacity building
- Provision of water accessories
- Provision of boreholes
- Urban water management